What is Leadership?
Leadership involves skills and values which develop trust in and from others. Leadership qualities include:
- being a role model;
- taking the initiative;
- working with and guiding others;
- listening skills;
- having a vision of what needs to be done;
- being open-minded.
Leadership qualities contribute to many things including:
- improving time management;
- problem solving;
- the skills involved in working with others;
- thinking critically and creatively;
- managing – and being managed by – others.
Working with others in a wide range of settings can help you develop leadership skills.
Everyone can develop leadership skills, which can be used across learning, life and work settings.
Go to Leadership 2