On Monday 6th March, all S3 pupils participated in a day of activities which allowed them to explore and consider issues relating to citizenship. This involved pupils experiencing a range of workshops throughout the morning where they considered issues including the Syrian refugee crisis and how they can contribute to society through the work of charity organisations.
The afternoon saw elected representatives from all of the main political parties in Scotland attend the school to speak to the pupils and participate in a Question Time style debate, giving pupils the opportunity to find out what their representatives can do to improve the community and society that they are part of. The representatives who took part included:
- Neil Bibby MSP – Scottish Labour
- Gavin Newland MP – the SNP
- Cllr Eileen McCartin – the Liberal Democrats
- Maurice Golden MSP – the Conservatives
- Ross Greer MSP – The Scottish Green Party